We're looking for a motivated and driven Principal Software Engineer (m/f/d) to join our team for Voice Assistants and Bots. This team works closely with Customer Care to provide automated assistance to customers. It’s a passionate team that proactively drove the topic within FlixBus and grew to be an essential part of automating our business processes.
If you’re interested in working with automation, contribute to team sprints and goals and consult and support other teams to develop technical excellence, read on:
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- You’ll work on building solutions to automate our outbound communication with customers, freeing up time for our agents to solve problems best suited for humans, lower wait times, and increase customer satisfaction
- You’ll explore and expand new contact surfaces for our users including bots on platforms such as Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Facebook Messenger, working with the forefront of NLP technologies and engineering data automation
- You’ll identify gaps and proactively define architectural and technical solutions
- You'll actively contribute to the team’s sprints and goals. At the same time, you will lead technical discussions across teams to develop technical excellence across the organization
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- You’re a strong Software Engineer with 5+ years of experience
- You’re an experienced Backend Engineer (Python preferred) and Systems Engineer (AWS preferred) and comfortable working with distributed systems (if you have knowledge of one JVM language such as java or Scala - it would be a plus)
- You will love it working with us if you’re interested in automation, machine learning, data engineering and Natural Language Processing
- You’re happy to lead your team in technical discussions based on your engineering experience and lateral leadership skills and support the development of junior engineers
- You use your social and influence skills to consult and guide other teams to adopt technical and architectural approaches in line with organizational guidelines and technical sustainability
- You’re constantly learning new technologies, frameworks and approaches
- Fluent in English is necessary for collaborating with the teams. Any other language is a plus
Our Perks – More than just a job
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride.
- Trust-based working. We don't punch the clock – organize your own schedule. We trust in what you do!
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
- Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events – there's always something to celebrate!
- Feel at home. We provide you with a laptop, comfortable working space, free drinks, a casual dress code, diverse employee discounts and more.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
FlixMobility – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at FlixMobility Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
FlixMobility is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.