Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The roleTesla is looking for a highly motivated process development engineer to create, develop and scale up manufacturing processes for our cutting-edge Tesla battery cell manufacturing line. This role will invent, develop, scale up and optimize battery manufacturing processes within a cross-functional engineering team responsible for the development lifecycle and launch into manufacturing. In this role, you will work closely with many organizations both internal and external to Tesla taking new battery designs from initial concept through into full production.
The battery cell is a critical component in Tesla vehicles and storage systems. This role will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our products. The work environment is demanding, fast-paced and incredibly exciting. The ideal candidate should be ready to push their limits, as they join in highly motivated and capable team to make unbelieve things into reality.
- Drive development of new/innovative manufacturing processes from concept through to full scale production that enable improved battery performance and/or cost
- Characterize existing processes, establish controls for critical parameters, improve process robustness
- Execute DoEs to optimize process conditions
- Proficient in data analysis / interpretation and presentation of experimental data
- Drive process commissioning on new production lines
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Establish process controls for SPC and develop process related OCAPs
- Develop and manage PFMEA risk assessments to prioritize process improvement projects and ensure adequate metrology and controls are in place.
- Debug process integration issues to ensure interactions between processes are kept under control
- Build process documentation to accurately define the process to cross-functional teams (equipment, quality, production, etc.)
- Model holistic process costs using bottoms-up system approach
- Either a BS with 6+ years’ relevant experience or an MS with 3+ years relevant experience in interdisciplinary/integrated engineering, process development, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent. Senior roles available for more experienced candidates
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and ability to apply them towards manufacturing process development
- Proven problem solver - demonstrated experience of data driven root cause analysis, statistical software (JMP) a plus
- Demonstrated capabilities in manufacturing process development for new and unique products
- Experience in high volume manufacturing involving one or more of these areas is highly desired: Metal stamping, high-speed mechanical assembly, Battery manufacturing (li-ion or other chemistry), Long-term reliability testing