Research & Development / IT & Software Development
Information on the current situation COVID-19: Your application will continue to be processed as usual by our recruiting team. All interviews take place by video call or by phone.
Emma – The Sleep Company is looking for a Data Engineer Intern to bring our product performance data base to the next level.
We look for candidates that have high motivation and enthusiasm for our projects, reliability, proactivity, analytical thinking, and a collaborative mindset to work well in a cross-function team environment.
This is what you'll do:
- You will be involved in a wider range of projects, assuming ownership for whole projects or subgroups, and make sure to meet project deadlines
- You will coordinate with owners of data sources to be connected as well as IT and other stakeholders
- You will develop tools and services to ensure high data quality and uninterrupted operation of data lines
- Connection, cleansing and preparation of data sources (e.g. raw data, unformatted data, coded data)
- Documentation of connected data sources and data links for internal purposes, service providers and users
- You bring outside ideas for the development and automation of processes, and provide support in the implementation of these ideas
- You constantly question the status quo
- You apply a customer-centric and agile approach to your projects.
This is what you'll bring to us:
- You are studying business informatics, computer science, data science, software engineering or a related field, ideally in your Master's
- You are able to handle several projects at the same time and always keep the overview and prioritize accordingly
- You have experience in the development of cloud solutions based on AWS or similar
- Very good knowledge of database fundamentals, ETL processes and SQL
- First experience with APIs, Connectors and other data sources is a plus
- First experience with Automation is a plus
- Very good VBA skills
- Practical experience with Python and / or Java
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- You combine diligence with an analytical mindset and thinking outside the box
- You bring a high degree of initiative, independence, flexibility, and attention to detail
- You have outstanding verbal and visual communication skills
- You enjoy working in a diverse team
- You are fluent in English
This is what we offer:
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from Day 1
- Opportunity to work on challenging projects that contribute to your professional growth following a steep learning curve
- Work independently and as part of a dedicated, international team
- Work with and learn from experts in diverse fields
- Make an impact initiating new ideas to disrupt sleep
- Opportunity to actively contribute to our company culture
- Get to know your team members at our exciting company events
This is who we are:
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. We disrupt sleep by pushing the boundaries of what technology can do for rest. Our aim is to make a positive impact on people’s lives everywhere by enhancing their sleep.
We are one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech startups with 500+ team members representing over 40 nationalities at our headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
Our work culture is built on strong values promoting community, agility, and ownership. Growth and excellence in all areas are important to us, which is why we offer our team members opportunities to develop and advance professionally and personally.
Emma proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Then apply through our candidate portal via the button provided below for a chance to become a member of our magnificent team! In order to get to know each other as soon as possible, please send us your full application (curriculum vitae and your grades).
Your contact person is Anna from the People & Organization team. If you have any questions regarding the application process, give us a call at +49 69 / 989 723 303
We are looking forward to your application!