OUTFITTERY is the biggest personal shopping service for men in Europe. We are a company for those who want a little more when it comes to their own style - more guidance and expertise, fewer rules and less routine. This is because we believe that style is an unfolding story. We aim to inspire and not dictate what to wear. We understand that style is a journey, and we are here to guide the way. Our every customer gets a personal selection of clothes, which our stylists create out of more than 100 brands – always having in mind the customers' wishes and budget. In the end, the customers pay only for the items they keep. This way, we get closer to fulfilling our mission, which is to empower anyone to unlock their true style.
In your role as Data Engineer (f/x/m) you will be responsible for a variety of tasks, take over responsibilities and gain strong insights into an e-commerce company. All of this in a diverse and international team. You will join a team of four data engineers who work closely with different units of the company as they improve the understanding of our product and business performance.
You would be responsible for technical decisions and tasks related to data products and data systems. Ideally, you can identify architectural or business opportunities and implement solutions to solve problems at hand.
What you do
- Building, owning and operating our data platform which is used by different engineering teams across the company.
- Consulting and Supporting partner departments (i.e. Marketing) in achieving their goals for initiatives.
- Building and operating real time event systems which are used to power the entire company.
- Defining development and testing standards and automating data-infrastructure related tasks.
- Supporting the development of high-throughput micro-services which consume data from all over the company.
What you know & who you are
- Ideally, a graduate or postgraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a similar field.
- You have strong experience in developing highly reliable and performant solutions with Python and SQL.
- You have a proven track record with big data stack solutions (Hadoop, Spark) and data modeling.
- You are experienced in working with AWS cloud technologies.
- Experience in applying software development practices such as CI/CD, automated testing, code reviews and monitoring.
- You have been working in a cross-functional environment with constant exchange between product, data science and engineering.
- A strong communicator, who is fluent in English. You enjoy collaborating with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Training opportunities - The development of our employees is very important for us. Therefore we offer external and internal training and coaching, as well as free German courses.
- Flexible working hours - By offering home office and flexible working hours, we give our employees the opportunity to make their everyday life efficient.
- Employee discounts - Our employees can benefit from a 40% discount on OUTFITTERY products as well as various discounts via our partner portal Corporate Benefits.
- Office - A newly refurbished, bright, open office space in Berlin - Kreuzberg - we have air-conditioning, too. As a company we decided to enable WFH until August 2021 so you have the comfort of your home during this pandemic. If you wish to pay a visit to the office, you are welcome! You can book shared desk space upfront via our office management.
- Health - We like sports - do you? To promote health and well-being of our colleagues we offer in-house (offline) sport activities such as Yoga, KungFu and Kicker Tournaments. Besides, we offer corporate health days on a yearly basis together with our partner TK. On top, we are proud to have a dedicated Mental Health coach in our team who supports on professional and personal matters.
Intrigued? Then send us your application with your salary expectations and possible starting date. Your contact person is Christian Richter