At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
QIAGEN is one of the most successful biotech companies. As the leading provider of innovative purification technologies, molecular testing solutions, and smart bioinformatics we empower our customers to be at the forefront of the molecular biology revolution and advancing patient health.
The Digital Accelerator of QIAGEN was founded to lead QIAGEN’s digital transformation along the value chain, ensuring better connection with customers, investing in new businesses & technologies and building digital capabilities. The Data Science team is the cornerstone of this transformation and is looking for a new team member who shall be able to:
- Lead individual data science projects within a matrix organization to achieve goals within the required timeline.
- Utilize advanced analytical methods and develop algorithms/models to extract insights from diverse data sources that drive business across the whole value chain.
- Be the analytical partner for business (including R&D) that enables and promotes data-driven decision making.
- Interact with key-stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) to understand their needs and translate those needs into precise analytical solutions to inform strategy and decision making.
- Clearly and concisely communicate analytical solutions and results to experts and non-experts alike.
- Participate in the internal data science peer-review process of the analytical solutions developed.
- Proactively identify new opportunities for technical improvement and business value delivery.
- Collaborate closely with data engineers and developers to productize algorithmic solutions and their data requirements.
- Support further development, maintenance and refinement of the data infrastructure, dashboards and algorithms of the data science department.
- Function as an in-house consultant by providing expertise in machine learning, advanced analytics, and quantitative research.
Minimum 2 years hands-on industry experience with data science or advanced analytics projects.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering, bioinformatics); PhD preferred.
- Expert knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques.
- Solid understanding of probability theory, statistics, and time-series analysis: Bayesian statistics, ARIMA, MCMC, ANOVA, etc.
- Well-versed in R, Python and in using common machine learning libraries (e.g., sklearn, keras/tensorflow, statsmodels, OpenCV, etc.). Programming in Spark would be a plus.
- Experience in C++ would be a plus.
- Experience with big data ecosystems and Azure tool stack would be a plus.
- Hands-on experience in any of the following areas would be a plus: anomaly detection, IoT analytics, real-time/streaming analytics, variant identification in NGS runs, RNAseq, and Metagenomics (long read sequencing).
Very good communication skills.
- Takes ownership of projects.
- Strong drive to reach the set goals, even in the face of setbacks.
- A true team player.
- Can work independently and come up with solutions to technical challenges proactively.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, good sense of humour and strong personality.
- Fluent in English; German language skill would be a plus.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, or disability