LeanIX aspires to become the number one SaaS solution to modernize IT architectures. We are well on our good way. Hundreds of well-known brands such as adidas, Zalando, Atlassian and Vodafone make better decisions in IT with LeanIX.
LeanIX is not just the product, it is also a great place to work. Colleagues from dozens of countries jointly make our vision reality. Yes, we work hard to achieve our ambitious goals. But, we have everything needed to do so. We have invested a lot in a working environment that allows everyone to thrive. We believe in open access to leadership, transparent communication, personal development, a modern, airy working environment, and that our world-class team deserves the best software stack money can buy.
As Junior Cloud Engineer, you will be directly part of one of our cross-functional scrum teams within the LeanIX development team. From day one you are a full member and contribute to our codebase for cloud deployments of our application and our customer alike test environments. Everyone will be eager to help you to learn and improve your skills. Transfer your theoretical university knowledge and your first DevOps / Cloud Engineering skills into exciting projects and explore, how a modern tech stack contributes to a successful product and set yourself on a growth path within LeanIX.
WHAT IS WAITING FOR YOU?
- Build up scalable test environments on AWS, Azure and GCP, using Terraform / Ansible and other cloud provisioning technologies.
- Support application cloud deployments of microservices as part of our release pipeline (incl. the use of Github Actions)
- Contribute code for Service Monitoring, Cloud Integration, Cloud Metadata Discovery to our production service
- Work closely with the development team members within the same Scrum team to make sure you are always aligned with the sprint goals
- Gain cloud operations knowhow by working closely with our experts and become an expert on your own over time.
- Implement on cloud best practices
- Agile software development and DevOps culture with multiple releases per day
WHAT IS OUR STACK?
- Terraform / Ansible
- AWS, Azure, GCP
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Github Actions
- Python, Java, Go, Bash
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- S. or M.S. in Computer Science or another technical subject
- 1+ years of experience as cloud engineer or in a similar role
- Basic experience in software development, preferable with Java, and with more than 6th month of software development experience from professional projects, either as part of your cloud engineer role or in a previous role more focused as software developer.
- Basic understanding of at least one public cloud environment (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP or others)
- Working experience with cloud provisioning using Terraform / Ansible or similar technologies
- Basic knowledge of containers and orchestration systems, specifically Docker and Kubernetes and comfortable to work on Linux environments
- Ability to code / script in Python and Bash using standard software development lifecycle processes.
- Being able to use continues integration tools like Maven, Jenkins or Github Actions would be a plus.
- A true team player who likes to contribute and benefit from working with others and enjoying an agile software development process
- Strong verbal/written communication skills in English (German is a plus)
As an equal opportunity employer, LeanIX is committed to a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, belief, political affiliation, union membership, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.