Tesla is currently seeking a motivated and accomplished Industrial Engineer who will be the subject matter expert leading detailed factory layouts. This position will be based Gigafactory Berlin. The ideal candidate will excel in a demanding and fast-paced environment where they will work as part of a strong, agile and highly motivated team to accomplish some of the most ambitious projects being attempted in any industry today. He/She takes pride in his/her thoroughness, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Display a positive attitude and practice strong work ethics that reflects the mission, philosophy and goals of Tesla.
- Design and optimize factory layouts for production, material flow, construction, and facilities.
- Work with internal manufacturing engineering teams to ensure that equipment and layout designs align with the overall material flow plan and vision for the factory.
- Own equipment-level equipment layouts to optimize shop layouts at the station level
- Perform clash-detection with facilities design and manufacturing engineering teams during the integration of detailed equipment layouts and facility layouts
3+ years of industrial, manufacturing, or mechanical engineering experience with emphasis on layout.
- BS or MS Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and/or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience owning manufacturing layouts in AutoCAD.
- Extensive layout analysis experience to make data-driven decisions and summarize results for executives.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to drive projects with diverse teams in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience quantitatively solving ambiguous factory design problems at a systems level.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Excel (VBA a plus).
- Experience designing greenfield facility layouts and/or material flow strategy
- Experience with Revit
- Experience with discrete event simulation software (FlexSim preferred)