We are happy to extend our team in Germany, looking for a Big Data Solution Engineer who is passionate about data as we are.
What will you do, what are your responsibilities:
- Rollout Global Data Platform to our customers and support the adaption of the technical services,
- Design the solution of the complete use-case pipelines, from data ingestion to data processing, software deployment and feedback loop,
- Understand and explain advantages and disadvantages of the proposed solutions to internal and external stakeholders,
- Build and maintain data driven applications on top of the GD Platform,
- Contribute to improve the Platform stack and define the final production environment,
- Keep up with trends and evolving technology,
- Write technical documentation and blog posts.
What do we expect:
- Experience of running big data workloads in production at scale
- Data Engineering Pattern, e.g. Ingestion, Transformation, Storage, Consumption etc.
- Event-based systems, deep knowledge on the Kafka confluent stack
- Databases, e.g. PostgreSQL, Neo4J, Stardog
- Cloud Storage, e.g. Azure Datalake or AWS S3 with EMR
- Distributed systems, e.g. Spark
- Knowledge Graph, e.g. Stardog
Software Development skills:
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Angular, Coljure, Python, Scala, Elm etc.),
- Software engineering (micro services, design patterns, version control, automated testing, concurrent programming etc.),
- Continuous integration, deployment, and delivery.
General IT Skills:
- Advanced Experience with Linux
- Containerization / Container Orchestration (Docker & Kubernetes)
- General understanding of Infrastructure, Orchestration and IT Security Principles (especially on an enterprise level)
- Bachelor (BSc), Master (MSc) or equivalent experience in a technical field,
- Willingness to learn new technologies and tools,
- Team player open to work in an agile environment,
- Fluent English (written and spoken),
- Communication skills to be able to talk to people on all levels across the organization,
- DevOps mindset (you build it, you run it; taking responsibility for your work).
What can you expect:
- Training and development,
- Personal and professional growth, knowledge sharing,
- Well developed on-boarding system, support, independency,
- Remote work from home office,
- Challenging, inspiring and flexible work with highly reputable clients,
- Diverse, global team of friendly BI professionals and cooperative atmosphere,
- Quite challenging environment if you are a keen sportsman :-)