Do you feel energized from designing, running, testing, and upgrading engineering systems and processes? Then the Regional Industrial Engineer (m/w/d) is the job for you! Join our regional team in Neuss to support our future!
About the Role
How you will contribute
- Provide Leadership and Support to Continuous Improvement initiatives at the plant level including; work studies to analyse work systems, developing standards, allowances and/or improvements to existing systems, providing input for the development of functional layouts that minimize space, material transit, distance, and provide flexibility for expansion, and utilize Simulation software to analyse and/or improve work systems.
- Assess ergonomic factors in work systems and provide solutions/design factors to minimize RMI (Repetitive Motion Injuries) and accommodate the functional range of workers.
- Develop and implement lean engineering tools and review work methods, workstation designs and documenting process methods. Will conduct analysis and make recommendations to improve labour utilization, material flow and capacity planning. Process simulation, project management and methods analysis.
- Utilize and analyse Lean Standards in everyday assignments including: Line Balancing, PFEP, Value Stream Maps, Engineering Studies, and Resource Requirement Sheets.
- Provide input for the development of Process FMEA’s and Control Plans for existing and potential work systems.
- Provide support as necessary for STD Work, 5s, TPM, JIT, and Mistake Proofing.
- Update layouts using Auto CAD LT.
- Review engineering changes orders, running changes, model year changes and update BPM’s, as necessary.
- Assist in new business launches at both customer and syncreon plant in area of expertise.
- Taking over topics of project and facility management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Key Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline required, and 2+ years of experience in Logistics preferred.
- Experience performing Industrial Engineering techniques and time studies.
- Experience in project and facility management.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations to analyse datasets. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills (variety of design, drawing, presentation, Microsoft office etc.), specially Visio, Excel incl. VBA, SAP.
- Basic knowledge of databank and basic regional EHS norms.
- Fluent German and English knowledge required.
Willingness to travel required.
At syncreon we are fully committed to the health and safety of our employees. We have full prevention and mitigation processes in place, including cleaning and sanitization practices, as well as screenings, masks and social distancing. syncreon complies with national, state and local orders.
syncreon offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally; stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere. We offer a market competitive compensation package.
syncreon delivers tailored, progressive and scalable solutions to premier global automotive and technology brands, such as Jaguar Land Rover, Harley Davidson, BMW, Dell, Xerox and Canon. We supply 3PL and 4PL solutions that adapt as quickly as industry and the marketplace evolve. For over 60 years syncreon has provided unique and innovative expertise in providing highly integrated, warehousing management, inbound to manufacturing, reverse and repair, export packing, aftermarket services, fulfilment services and transport. Today we have 14,000+ employees working in 100+ locations worldwide who enjoy our supportive culture, dedication to work-life balance, people development and superb career opportunities. For more information, visit www.syncreon.com.
Candidates chosen to move forward within the Recruitment Process, may be required to undergo an assessment and/or submit further background information. Any offers of employment may be conditional on completion of required checks and provision of relevant documentation, in accordance with the applicable local legislation