We're looking for a motivated Data Engineer (m/f/d) who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success. The team you will be joining is responsible for providing core data/streaming platform services at FlixBus. With engineers and data scientists from product teams as your customers you provide tools and infrastructure as well as consulting to enable them to achieve their respective business goals.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- You will work in a data- and ops heavy self-organized team, which offers central data-platform services.
- You analyse, propose, and drive technology improvements.
- You will be expected to write clean code.
- You will take part in planning, designing, and implementing new features.
- You will take part in continuous improvements and maintenance of our Data Warehouse.
- You will consult and collaborate with data teams across the organisation.
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant industry experience.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Data or DevOps Engineer.
- You are comfortable with Java/Python, SQL, and you are able to write infrastructure as a code, ideally Terraform.
- Willingness to work with Kafka (previous experience with other distributed messaging services is a plus)
- You are familiar with CI/CD.
- You believe in DevOps (You build it - you run it), especially in the database administration area.
- You have some experience with cloud Data Warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, etc.).
- You have worked with cloud-based infrastructure providers (AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud etc.).
- You have worked with Kubernetes.
- You are fluent in English.
Our Perks – More than just a job
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride.
- Trust-based working. We don't punch the clock – organize your own schedule. We trust in what you do!
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
- Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events – there's always something to celebrate!
- Feel at home. We provide you with a laptop, comfortable working space, free drinks, a casual dress code, diverse employee discounts and more.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!