Babbel is driven by a mission: Everyone. Learning. Languages. This means building products that help people connect and communicate across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Travel and Babbel for Business focus on using a new language in the real world, in real situations, with real people. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove that it gets users talking with confidence.
The key is a blend of humanity and technology. A team of linguistic experts hand-craft each of our courses, to provide content that is constantly adapted to our learners’ needs. Interactive content with videos and podcasts makes understanding a new language easy, because Babbel is for everyone. That’s why our team is as diverse as our content. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 60 nationalities represent the backgrounds, characteristics and perspectives that make all humans unique. Making a true connection with millions of paid subscribers across the globe is what makes Babbel the most profitable language learning app worldwide.
Babbel in Numbers:
- The #1 top-grossing language learning app globally
- Millions of active paying subscribers
- More than 60,000 lessons 14 languages hand-crafted by 150+ linguists
- More than 10,000 hours of learning content
- Over 70 learning podcast episodes and over 50 hours of video learning content
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to start as soon as possible as part of our Business Intelligence and Analytics Team in Berlin which supports various stakeholders at Babbel to make data-driven decisions and helps them uncover levers for leads and subscription base.
Our fast moving business relies heavily on the support of insight-driven decision-making. The team works across all customer touchpoints, from the earliest marketing funnel, to the core Babbel apps on web and mobile, down to CRM. You will support the team and their stakeholders to find the answers they are looking for in our varied data sources.
- Design and execute prescriptive and predictive data models that drive business and functional decisions within a team of Analysts and Data Engineers
- Create, monitor and improve forecasting models based on machine learning
- Support stakeholders like CRM & Retargeting with customer segmentation to optimize operational tasks and drive growth
- Develop in-depth analytical understanding for what drives marketing performance, and uncover growth levers in focussed deep dive analyses
- Create compelling stories around data-based insights, which make Babbel a more insightful organization
- Master's degree in computer science, math, engineering or related math-heavy field
- Experience in mathematical modelling, such as Optimization, is essential
- 3-5 years of data analysis experience, preferably for an online business
- Strong hands-on programming and data mangling experience in modern Python
- Familiarity with forecasting algorithms and good understanding of statistics
- You thrive in cross-functional teams and can get yourself up to speed quickly
- Experience with SQL and relational data modelling
- Hands-on experience with analysis of business data
- Data visualisation and presentation skills
- Working proficiency in English will be needed to navigate the international environment at Babbel
- Work directly with our unique language learning data
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, unlimited access to Babbel account, high-end company bike, fresh fruit and drinks)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin
- A talented team of data professionals waiting to meet you
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our tech blog!