At Stylight, we’re on a mission to build the world’s best search platform for Fashion, Beauty and Design. We're always looking for talent to join our engineering team, and help connect millions of users with their favourite products across 16 countries.
You’ll get to work with systems that handle thousands of requests per second, from custom analytics solutions to multi-regional search and ranking pipelines. We operate at a scale of billions of data points per month, which means you'll never run out of fun challenges waiting to be solved. Sounds exciting? Read on!
What you can expect in this role
- Build, deploy, and monitor our live systems across four global regions
- Implement, deploy and AB test new features for millions of website visitors
- Foster technical excellence within the team, and contribute engineering best practices
- Help us grow our engineering culture, from knowledge sharing sessions to hackathons
Our Tech Stack
- Most of our services are written in either Python or Scala
- We run our systems on AWS, and Google Cloud Platform
- We use CircleCI to test, package, and deploy Docker containers to Kubernetes
- We monitor our services with Datadog, Kibana, Sentry, Cloudwatch, and PagerDuty
Your essential experience and education
- Several years of relevant experience in a software development role
- Proficient with Python, Scala or Java. Willingness to learn new languages
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following topics: Search Infrastructure, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning or Batch Processing (Terabyte-scale)
- Big plus: working knowledge of Docker, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Spark or BigQuery
What's in it for you?
- Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community
- Together with Bits & Bretzels, we host daho.am, an annual developer conference with top-notch speakers and 800 attendees
- International & highly motivated environment with open business culture in all departments. Our company language is English
- Hands-on work after quick ramp up & openness to new solutions and improvements
- A personal development budget is given to you to use throughout the year for personal growth
- We are family-friendly and enjoy spending time with one another outside of working hours from board game evenings and BBQs to ping pong tournaments and Christmas tree decorating
- We have one of the coolest office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany) in the city-center, and just a 10-minute walk to the nearest Biergarten
- Want to know more? Check out: about.stylight.com and blog.stylight.com // tech.stylight.com.
Up for the Challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, then do not hesitate and apply today. We're looking forward to receiving your application!Stylight is Europe’s leading style aggregator available in 17 countries worldwide. As part of ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE Stylight builds a place you can visit to find and discover products from all brands, shopping guides, curated picks, how-tos, and the latest trends. The team behind Stylight are 100 style geeks and tech professionals, a data-driven lifestyle force, coming from 20 nations all around the globe, operating from our headquarter in Munich and our US office in Philadelphia.Click here to learn more about the ProSiebenSat.1 Group and our diverse portfolio.
You have a disability and would like to apply? Then you are very welcome.
We know that we are not entirely accessible yet, but we are working on it. Let's talk about how we can eliminate any barrier together and find an individual solution if needed.
Although we refer to one gender in the text, all genders may be implied.