The RoleTesla is looking to hire an enthusiastic Data Scientist in the Cell Manufacturing Systems team to support our business at Gigafactory Berlin. The team is focused on building the reporting necessary to measure key performance indicators for Tesla’s production, quality and maintenance teams, and increasing efficiency through data and analytics. During our ramp up phase in Berlin they make sure that data streams from new equipment are correctly implemented in the data architecture of our Manufacturing execution System.
The Data Scientist will be tasked to provide proactive analyses and build models helping to drive business programs, inform decisions and optimize operations. The Data Scientist should act as an advisor to the business in overcoming challenges and building the future. This role will interact with numerous internal customers who consume and use data in their decision making processes. The ability to work with and clearly understand these internal customers’ needs will be critical to success in this role.
- Contribute to the commissioning of new production lines and ensure data connection to factory MES system
- Define communication and data architecture with supplier and internal cross-functional teams
- Coordination with other process, mechanical, electrical and support disciplines including project managers, manufacturing reps, and other stakeholders.
- Interface with external Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) firms during bid and project execution phases as needed to ensure that designs and specifications meet Tesla Engineering Standards.
- Participate in on-field construction and commissioning activities by serving as the point of contact for technical questions and real-time issue resolution.
- Development of our data systems by building software for retrieving, analyzing, and visualizing data
- Analyze material flow data and extract useful statistics about failures in order to drive production control
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or the equivalent in experience, evidence of exceptional ability and multiple years manufacturing experience.
- Understanding of material flow, logistics process and manufacturing equipment design to influence data driven manufacturing line design.
- Deep understanding of manufacturing execution system (MES), controls (e.g. Siemens, Beckhoff) and interfaces (OPC Unified Architecture).
- Experience with multiple data architecture and pipeline paradigms (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Kafka, Spark, API, gPRC) and data analytic paradigms (e.g. Python, Tableau, JMP/Minitab, Database/Query Capability).
- Experience with debugging tools (e.g. Splunk) and integrated supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) software platforms (e.g. Ignition).
- Able to work under pressure while collaborating and managing competing demands with tight deadlines and a passion and curiosity for data and data-driven decision making.
What we offerYou will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.