Babbel is driven by a mission: Everyone. Learning. Languages. This means building products that help people connect and communicate across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Travel and Babbel for Business focus on using a new language in the real world, in real situations, with real people. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove that it gets users talking with confidence.
The key is a blend of humanity and technology. A team of linguistic experts hand-craft each of our courses, to provide content that is constantly adapted to our learners’ needs. Interactive content with videos and podcasts makes understanding a new language easy, because Babbel is for everyone. That’s why our team is as diverse as our content. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 60 nationalities represent the backgrounds, characteristics and perspectives that make all humans unique. Making a true connection with millions of paid subscribers across the globe is what makes Babbel the most profitable language learning app worldwide.
Babbel in Numbers:
- The #1 top-grossing language learning app globally
- Millions of active paying subscribers
- More than 60,000 lessons 14 languages hand-crafted by 150+ linguists
- More than 10,000 hours of learning content
- Over 70 learning podcast episodes and over 50 hours of video learning content
We are looking for a Data Product Manager to join our team in Berlin!
Our Business Intelligence and Analytics team works with different types of data to enable the business stakeholders to strive for operational excellence and to implement their strategy.
As a Data Product Manager, you will work closely with our data engineering and analyst teams to scope and help build sophisticated data infrastructure and data products that drive our business. In an agile development process, you will understand the needs of our business stakeholders, work with the engineering and data analyst teams to come up with solutions, drive delivery and prioritize development. Ultimately, you’re the one responsible for delivering the right data product. As the key interface between the Business, Data Engineering and the Business Analytics team, your decisions will impact thousands of Babbel learners and our company’s performance.
- Own, prioritize and refine the team backlog with agile product iterations of the Business Intelligence and Analytics (BIA) team, and manage stakeholders expectations
- Take ownership of our Marketing tech stack, attribution modelling and the roadmap to execute our data strategy
- Actively participate in the discussions about the trade-off between cost and added value of changes to our data infrastructure
- Translate requirements for data analysts, engineers, marketers and other PMs to streamline requests into a prioritized team backlog and manage expectations
- Contribute to the roadmap of the BIA team, set timeline and identify dependencies, keep track of departmental projects
- Build a strategy to collect, enrich and consume user behaviour and business data
- Make sure that engineering & product teams commit to data collection, follow data standards, and that business teams apply data products
- Work together with other data delivery teams, data analysts and data scientists to ensure fulfilment of objectives
- Proactively communicate plans and achievements, and ensure alignment with senior data leadership
- Mentor & guide junior team members
- Solid experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner, or Analyst in the field of Data (Business Intelligence, Data Science, Data Analytics)
- Demonstrated capability and hands-on experience in developing data products
- Experience in MarTech and/or AdTech
- Strong interest in data engineering and data science, good SQL skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience with agile methods such as Scrum and User Story Mapping
- An eye for detail, whilst maintaining awareness of the bigger picture
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international company with people from over 60 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, unlimited access to Babbel account, high-end company bike, fresh fruit and drinks, English/German classes, In-house Training Academy)
Sounds good? We are looking forward to hearing from you!