Elgato is the brand of choice for video production technology among content creators on all platforms. If you’ve watched live gaming or any streaming content on YouTube or Twitch, chances are we helped make it shine.
Our mission is to empower content creators everywhere.
Be part of the team that makes this happen.
In 2018, Elgato was acquired by Corsair, a provider of high-performance PCs and peripherals. Over the last three decades Corsair has cemented its leadership position in its key markets and continues to grow rapidly. As a semiautonomous division of Corsair, we have engineering offices in Germany and California, and distribute our products in over eighty countries around the globe.
Elgato’s award winning product range combines cutting edge technologies with industry leading industrial design and user experiences to deliver an unparalleled level of performance to customers. Our focus is always on simplicity and enabling the best possible workflow for content creators.
We are looking for a
Software Engineer, macOS Desktop Applications (m/f/d)
with macOS programming experience to join our rapidly growing team in Mönchengladbach in Germany. You will deploy your full creativity, ingenuity, and whole skill set to contribute directly to the success of Elgato.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will be developing new features for Elgato’s award winning software products and your focus on macOS Core functions will help us deliver the best possible applications on all macOS platforms. You will work on a
wide range of tasks including video & audio processing algorithms, logical & control structures, and interfaces to hardware devices.
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in all stages of the product engineering process – Planning, design, development, and testing of software capabilities for any of Elgato’s hardware and software products. You have the opportunity to talk directly to our designers, our contacts with the world’s most popular streamers and influencers and work with them to define our products. We also draw on experience from our colleagues across the Corsair family of companies.
- You will work with Elgato‘s cross-platform development and test environment and can help improve this environment with new ideas for system design, quality assurance, debugging, statistical insights, profiling and performance optimization.
- You can work on Elgato’s award winning Stream Deck, the capture products, or accessories and our innovative future product lines. We encourage our engineers to develop broad skills and move between products.
- Our project teams are Agile and multi-disciplinary and work independently on specific projects. You will be able to work in all areas such as industrial design, UI/UX, product engineering and have contact with external influencers and testers to refine product concepts.
- You may specialize in one area of software development, but you will be working in an Agile environment solving complex problems with the expectation that your broad experience, intuition and initiative helps the team deliver the best possible implementations.
- You will have responsibility to define all stages of your work with your team and ensure you deliver a tested and testable solution. You will plan your own work and organize your own tasks with your team.
What we’re looking for:
- Our ideal candidate will have direct experience writing desktop applications on macOS, and will be able to work effectively in C++. We are interested in any experience you have with macOS development, especially Core Video, Core Media, Core Audio, or AVFoundation. Experience with USB devices and their communication with applications is advantageous.
- You will be familiar with modern software development practices on macOS for designing, developing and testing desktop applications. Experience with Objective-C, Swift, Python, or mobile platforms – iOS or Android – is advantageous but we like curiosity and a desire to bring new ideas to work.
- We are looking for any experience with algorithms, concepts and techniques in the field of audio and video streaming systems, structuring large desktop applications or systems design & testing. We are continuously improving our CI/CD systems and are interested in your experiences here.
- An ability for creative problem solving using all tools and knowledge at your disposal; we like people who can make decisions and who are able to evaluate compromises to achieve the best overall solution. Your attention to detail and a focus on quality in your work will guide you.
- Familiarity with cross-platform development using Qt or similar tools is an advantage. If you wrote an application targeted at multiple platforms – tell us about it.
- Self-motivation. We like our engineers to be able to plan and structure their own work inside autonomous teams and take full ownership of their tasks.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; German skills are an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours and a friendly, positive working environment
- A focus on personal development and training in any relevant discipline
- Modern and comfortable offices in the center of Mönchengladbach
- Quarterly profit share bonus
- Discounts on Elgato, Corsair, Origin, and Scuf Gaming products
- Great coffee on tap, drinks, fruit, catered team lunch on Fridays and discounted lunch vouchers on other days.
If you are interested,
please forward your documents in English or German and include – CV, employer references (lückenlose Arbeitszeugnisse) and School and University Degree(s) and apply through our job portal https://www.corsair.com/us/en/career
Landshuter Allee 10 80637 München
Lüpertzender Straße 161 41061 Mönchengladbach