Whether on the go, in the subway, or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, 750 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to start immediately as part of our Business Intelligence Team in Berlin. The Business Intelligence Team supports various stakeholders at Babbel to make data-driven decisions and helps them uncover levers for leads and subscription base.
- Work with data engineers and other analysts to build reporting structures allowing for monitoring, performance measurement and analyses of marketing activities
- Challenge and contribute to analytical concepts for decision-making with insights and data modelling
- Develop in-depth analytical understanding for what drives marketing performance, and uncover growth levers in focussed deep dive analyses
- Drive data mindset in the tribe and become a reliable and responsive point of contact for tribe leads and marketing managers
- You have 3-5 years of data analysis experience, preferably for an online business with a proven track record of transforming data into actionable insights
- You love to enable people with data and insights and have a talent for building strong professional relationships
- You are highly proficient in SQL (knowledge of Snowflake, MySQL, Tableau is a strong plus)
- You are proficient in Excel or equivalent
- You have some experience with either Python or R (we use Python) and a good understanding of statistics
- You have a good understanding of Marketing controlling and business processes
- You have experience with data visualization and presentation skills
- You are fluent in English to navigate the international environment at Babbel
- Working directly with our unique language learning data
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, unlimited access to Babbel account, high-end company bike, fresh fruit, and drinks)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin
- A talented team of data professionals waiting to meet you
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our tech blog!