About the Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has more than 20,000 employees, sales of € 4.2 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the larger family-owned companies in Europe.
Support the Voith Group | Division Paper as a
Calculation Engineer (m/f/d)
Job ID 65864 | location Heidenheim
- Paper machines are among the largest production plants in the world and are often more than 300 meters long and their weight exceed more than 13000 tons.
- Your task is to carry out technical calculations of assemblies and components along the entire paper machine and the entire paper manufacturing process. You will have special focus on dryer cans and duo stabilizer rolls as main components of the paper machine.
- You are responsible for the dimensioning of components, modules and sections and advise and support the design departments in questions of technical calculation.
- Trouble-Shooting in case of warranty issues or in case of technical damages.
- Additionally, you support the development of new products as well as the development of design tools and design guidelines for the internal global design departments.
- Occasional business trips, e.g. for plant optimization or start-up support, including the presentation of your calculation results to our customers belong to your tasks, too.
- Master degree (or Bachelor’s degree with some years of practical experience) in Mechanical Engineering or Process Engineering.
- Good knowledge of technical mechanics, machine dynamics, fluid mechanics, stress calculations and 3D CAD-programs (Autodesk Inventor preferred).
- Practical experience with FE- programs (ANSYS preferred) and software for the dimensioning of pressure vessels is required. In any case, you will need the willingness to familiarize yourself with these areas of engineering with our active support.
- Detailed knowledge of standards like ASME, AD-2000 as well as EN 13445 code is preferred.
- The ability to work as a generalist as you develop new products as well as the ability to optimize existing systems as a specialist.
- One thing is certain: You can use and apply all of your engineering knowledge in our team.
- Ability to work both in a team as well as on your own and having a cheerful mood. Good knowledge of spoken and written German and English as we are working for different design departments globally.
- You will also be willing to travel occasionally (short international assignments).
Become a Voithian and join us to shape the future of our company. Working at Voith means to actively promote future-oriented technologies. We offer you a responsible job in our division Paper with challenging tasks and scope for creativity. Furthermore there are a lot of other reasons for working with Voith. Take your chance – at Voith.
Apply now via our web portal with your cover letter, CV and references.
Find more details about the application process.
The J.M. Voith SE & Co. KG | VPH is looking forward to your application!