Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With our 70-plus-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world – with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care.
Drive Regional Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process for a specified franchise (Vision Care - Surgical) to achieve optimal demand management performance. Deploy S&OP process pillars and best practices to markets based on global guidelines, and ensure those are understood and established locally. This function will act as the liaison between the local and regional management teams for all aspects of the demand and supply management process. In addition, this role interacts with Global Supply Chain team to drive the regional demand management plan throughout the process to ensure financial and Customer requirements are achieved.
- Analyze, maintain, and review manual and statistical forecast and propose / execute changes in order to assign the best fit S&OP demand forecast model
- Strive for Forecast automation based on historical data
- Act as Regional SME for forecasting statistical models and their best fit for different product groups, assigned business franchise, and different business scenarios (e.g. product launches, cannibalization etc.), train, coach and provide feedback to Regional and country teams on best forecasting methods
- Ensure, check and challenge data for consistency and logical incorporation of known business events e.g. coordinate the review of key planning characteristics to ensure validity of forecast models
- Build scenarios and back track against historical results in order to define best fitting models
- Maintain optimal S&OP processes in Region for assigned products. This includes developing, maintaining and monitoring all S&OP processes in the region in alignment with global guidelines, deploy trainings on process and tools, as well as monitoring all legacy S&OP analytical tools and signaling maintenance requirements.
- Facilitate the Sales & Operations Planning by supporting a monthly consensus and demand review meeting with country management.
- Collaborate with local S&OP teams to understand unique market requirements and identify root cause of Affiliate service issues.
- Acquire and analyze information regarding historical data, market trends, promotional activity and other events, historical or current, which impact and influence customer demand.
- Support unit and dollar demand forecast reviews (including revenue and samples) with Regional Counterparts. Work alongside regional counterparts to align current demand forecast submission against market activities and sales trends. Identify gaps between current plans and financial commitments, derive possible gap closing initiatives and highlight risks and opportunities.
- Work with Global S&OP teams to determine the capability to meet demand, and provide a feedback loop to markets. Act as key point of contact for the region to ensure strong visibility of product availability and/or supply issues back through the supply chain.
- Lead the regional allocation process with markets and regional commercial counterparts to resolve constrained situations, apply demand control where necessary on large or abnormal orders while still striving to meet operational and customer excellence.
- Partner with the Regional commercial team and with Product Lifecycle Managers on the product portfolio by supporting regional product launches/ rationalization/ special promotions.
- Analyze, report and improve forecast accuracy both at the detail and aggregate level to improve customer service and inventory levels.
Key Performance Indicators
- Forecast Accuracy (MAPE and BIAS)
- Statistical forecast adoption
- Product launch/range extension execution
- Product discontinuation execution
- Adherence of S&OP process and adoption of S&OP tools in the markets / region to global guidelines
- Accuracy of S&OP related tools
- S&OP data accuracy
What you will bring to the role
• Strong and Proven S&OP experience within a matrix organization
• Stakeholder Management experience ideally across regional Europe
• Experience using BI tools or SAP tools such as IBP and IRIS
- Ensure robust availability of Alcon products for approx. $800m of sales per annum (full region, sales in scope depending on number of analysts)
- Critical role due to the complexity of the S&OP process
- Key partner to regional franchise team, to local S&OP teams and to global S&OP team, ensuring excellence in supply chain
- Ensures robust availability of products to meet customer and patient needs
Why join Alcon?
We aspire to lead the world in innovating life-changing vision products because when people see brilliantly, they live brilliantly.
We are the world’s leading eye care products and devices company. You will join our 20,000 associates at Alcon, making a real difference to the lives of others. At Alcon, we create meaningful opportunities for associates to grow their careers. Learn more at www.alcon.com.
Our Purpose is Reimagining Eye Care.
Our Vision is to be the trusted leader in eye care.
Our Mission is to discover new ways to enhance sight and improve people’s lives.