We are Lingoda. Our mission is to empower even the busiest people to master English, German, French, and Spanish and unlock their potential - anytime, anywhere. Lingoda is the #1 trusted online language school and the biggest in Europe, globally acclaimed for our “language learning tools.” We offer flexible, high-quality, 24/7 live online classes taught by native-speaking teachers all around the world.
We challenge ourselves, and we challenge others. We work smart and make it happen. We bring together the best of people and have a positive company culture. We believe in personal growth and inclusion. And we live by it. We also offer our employees unlimited access to private and group classes!
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist (m/w/d) based in Berlin or working remotely from anywhere in Germany.
Your mission with us
Bring data-driven decision-making at Lingoda to the next level through the creation and implementation of marketing data science use cases.
You will achieve this by
- Being a proactive senior member of our team who will be a thought leader and master implementer for data science use cases in Marketing.
- Scope business questions, gathering business requirements, designing and implementing data science use cases.
- Further developing and improving our revenue attribution model.
- Mining and analyzing data from a variety of data sources to empower marketing through use cases such as campaign optimization and others where you proactively see a chance for impact.
- Assessing data source accuracy and efficacy of data gathering techniques. You can define data models and build custom algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Working with senior stakeholders to drive the use of data science for marketing by identifying opportunities for leveraging data to drive business value.
- Working with our Data Engineering team to build data pipelines and define requirements for big data architecture to support your models.
- Working with our Data Analysts to create insight from your models.
- Acting as a sparring partner and a mentor for other team members in creating and using data science use cases and products.
You bring to Lingoda
- 3-5 years of experience as a Data Scientist, it would be a big bonus if you have experience in the EdTech space and/or have a passion for digital education and foreign language learning.
- Experience with working in a data science capacity with marketing as end-users and bring functional expertise in revenue attribution and campaign attribution.
- You have at least a Master's degree in a relevant field, e.g. IT, Data Analytics, Business, Economics, or similar.
- The ability to gather, understand and implement requirements is a must.
- Ability to understand business challenges and stakeholders' needs.
- You are excellent in SQL, preferably PostgreSQL.
- You have an advanced level of Python and are passionate about continuous learning. You like using Jupyter Notebooks.
- Experienced with Python libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, SciKit-Learn, Seaborn and more.
- You keep up with the newest developments.
- You have at least basic knowledge of Spark and an interest in learning more.
- Experience with Asana, Tableau, GitHub (or willing to learn it quickly).
- Experience with Piwik is a big plus.
- Good English communication skills. Other foreign languages are a plus.
You add to our culture with
- Your proactivity and love working with stakeholders to solve business problems with data science.
- Your true passion for data, creative problem-solving abilities and an eye for detail.
- You have an independent and rigorous working style.
- You are a team player and love to think outside the box.
- Experience working with User Stories in an agile environment is a big plus.
At Lingoda, we are proud of
- Our approachable leaders and transparent communication - every voice counts at Lingoda!
- Our company events and colleagues who are always happy to socialise.
- Our great team spirit and passion for languages.
- Our well-structured and exciting onboarding process.
- The possibility to work remotely from your home or...
- … in the office located in the heart of Berlin.
- Unlimited access to free language classes.
- The modern hardware necessary for your work.
- The flexible working hours.
Does that sound exciting? Then, send us your CV right away!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Your contact person for the position is Nana.
Job Type: Contract
- Temporarily due to COVID-19