We're looking for a driven Scala Engineer to join our Geo Information Systems team.
In the GIS team,we're providing geospatial data for routing and location based services to automate and facilitate the work of our daily ride operations. You'd join a mature team, working autonomously in agile scrum principles.
If you're interested in automation and geo data, and looking to work within a mature team, read on:
Your Responsibilities – Paint the world green
- Contribute to find best solutions for getting, organizing and providing geo data products and services that make our operations easier
- Take hands on development responsibilities within the team: design, develop, deploy and ensure good maintenance of products and services
- Lead technical decisions inside and across teams to improve technical excellence through lateral leadership
- Be a mentor and coach for your colleagues
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- 2-3 years experience working with Scala
- Experience in working with kafka and data streaming pipeline
- Interest or experience in digital mapping or geo location products
- Collaborative, good communicator and solution driven
- You enjoy an agile autonomous environment where you own your work
- Nice to have: data analysis and visualization experience
Our Perks – More than just a job
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride.
- Trust-based working. We don't punch the clock – organize your own schedule. We trust in what you do!
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
- Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events – there's always something to celebrate!
- Feel at home. We provide you with a laptop, comfortable working space, free drinks, a casual dress code, diverse employee discounts and more.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
FlixMobility – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at FlixMobility Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
FlixMobility is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.