We, CENTOGENE GmbH ("CENTOGENE"), are the experts in rare hereditary diseases. We know the genetic basis and the clinical phenotype of genetic disorders inside-out. Our platform is based on the world’s largest curated mutation database for rare diseases. We have an unrivaled global diagnostic footprint, and an unmatched ability to derive diagnostic solutions to accurately identify rare disease patients and accelerate the path to approval for new orphan drugs.
How do we do this? By bringing together more than 500 individuals from 50 different countries to transform clinical and genetic data into medical solutions for patients. We work together at our HQ in Rostock, Germany, and also at additional offices in Berlin and laboratory facilities in Cambridge MA. Our employees - medical experts, scientists, IT professionals, bioinformaticians, technicians, researchers, project managers, and many more - are all passionate about one thing: improving the lives of our patients.
Does this sound like you? If it does, we’d love to hear from you.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
You will be responsible for developing cutting-edge data analytic algorithms and models from next generation sequencing data.
- Data management tasks and bioinformatics algorithm development
- Data mining, interpretation and analysis
- Statistical analysis and visualization
- Development and curation of bioinformatics tools and databases
- Close collaboration with business owners; pro-actively driving further improvement to reach targets
You have the following skills and qualifications:
- A doctorate degree (with +1 year‘s work experience) or master degree (with +3 year’s work experience in the field) in Bioinformatics, mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science or related field
- Strong hands-on programing skills (Python, R, Java, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of database principles and corresponding query language skills (e.g. MySQL, Neo4j)
- Proven software development experience in a scientific environment, ideally in an international company
- Good experience with scalable cloud environments (AWS preferred).
- Highly experienced in a big data environment using advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms
- Knowledge of NGS data analysis (RNA-seq, DNA-seq, etc) and in depth knowledge of relevant public and proprietary databases, methods and tools (UCSC Genome Browser, TCGA, gnomAD) preferred
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, combined with good team spirit
- Ability to set priorities, meet timelines and company objectives.
Those advantages are waiting for you at CENTOGENE:
- Talents are individually supported by internal and external trainings
- An international career in a multicultural environment
- Regular company events form us as one team
- In house yoga classes, back exercises and a fitness area are available for free
- Lunch breaks and meetings on our roof terraces feel like vacation when looking at the Warnow
- Bike leasing or job tickets allow an environmentally friendly and reasonable travel to work
- In case of language barriers we offer German and English classes as well as support in finding accommodation to help you get going
- Precaution and financial protection guaranteed by company pension scheme
Applications from severely disabled people with appropriate suitability are explicitly welcome. Severely disabled applicants and equivalent status are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.