Abiomed, an innovative medical device company, is focused on recovering hearts and saving lives. We have a single guiding mission: “Patients First.” With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, offices in Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,500 employees form one of the fastest growing medical technology companies in the world. Abiomed attracts and retains exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Abiomed is seeking a highly motivated Market Insights Analyst EMEA to join the Sales- and Marketing Operations EMEA team. The candidate should have strong analytical and critical thinking skills to collaborate with internal stakeholders and advance the market and clinical analytics maturity across the enterprise. You’ll help us create and deliver insights that advance our “patients first” culture and competitive position in the market and can shape and develop a team dedicated to examining market insights, competitive landscape and clinical outcomes. The team serves as the company’s analytic center of excellence, translating data into high-value, actionable insights for senior leadership and business partners, developing and refining new analyses in response to market needs, and bringing expertise on emerging trends in data analytics and predictive modeling.
The ideal candidate has hands-on experience analyzing large-scale data sets but also demonstrated examples of translating data analyses into insights that drive transformational business outcomes. You’ll collaborate with a team of dedicated analysts and partner with business stakeholders to evaluate external market data and competitive aspects of the business to deliver actionable recommendations to decision makers. You’ll be working in a very fast-paced environment where critical thinking, quick learning, attention to detail, and managing competing priorities will be keys to your success.
- Establish and implement a proactive strategy for gathering/managing data requirements and updates. Become a subject-matter expert on external data sources, data collection and processing, and the external bio-tech and cardiology industries.
- Partner with business stakeholders on projects to develop methodologies, reports and dashboards that provide business insight into future areas for business expansion and high areas of growth potential.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Clinical, Product and Publication owners on upcoming publications, research projects, external data and industry analysis. Write project proposals, data requests, and translate decision makers’ requests into actionable products.
- Drive project milestones to completion. Build partnerships, define accountability, and lead the activities which operationalize key findings
- Create reports and visualizations to fulfill requests from clinicians, researchers, and administrators using a variety of database and analytic technologies
- Recommend, design and operationalize predictive & prescriptive analytic solutions in conjunction with team members.
- Ad-hoc analysis as required to aid management decision making and business planning
- Effectively communicate key findings and actionable recommendations to mid-level and senior-level leadership audiences. Create and deliver impactful and clear presentations and visuals.
- Maintain data dictionaries and documentation associated with data availability, limitations, methodologies, and processes.
- BS in an analytic discipline (intelligence, statistics, data analytics, data science, mathematics, bio statistics, medical research, etc), MS in analytical or quantitative field preferred
- 5-7 years of work experience in competitive intelligence, market analysis, open source research and analysis, data analytics or related field
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, Einstein Analytics, MSPower BI, ESRI ArcGIS, Palantir, i2 Analyst Notebook)
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques and methodologies (e.g., predictive modeling, statistical analysis, customer segmentation, analysis of competing hypothesis, social network/link analysis, market analysis, data validation, threat and risk analysis)
- Quick learner, critical thinking mindset, highly adaptable, able to manage competing priorities, excellent presentation skills
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel, experience with SQL, R, Python (or statistical modeling) and/or SAS/SPSS preferred
- Experience with and/or interest in the medical and biotech industry a plus
ABIOMED is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or national origin.