Are you ready to make a difference in this world—empowering others to get fit and feel happy? If you answered “yes,” you’ve come to the right place. We’re so glad you’re here! Join us at Gymondo, a company with a big heart that takes great pride in the work we do. We’re a team of over 80 highly experienced, internationally-minded shining stars from all around the world who enjoy a fun and light-hearted working environment. At Gymondo, you’ll find tons of opportunities for learning from the best and brightest, coupled with a promising career path focused on professional development and personal progression. Join our passionate team and become a part of our success story!
Our Stack for Heavy Lifting:
- Google BigQuery
- Google Analytics, Firebase, Adjust
- Google Tag Manager
Your contribution within the team
Our Business Intelligence team creates actionable insights from data for all teams and the management to empower them to make data-driven decisions, with smartly designed reports, data visualizations, and further definition of effective performance metrics. As a Data Engineer you will oversee aspects of Gymondo’s current data infrastructure, look for opportunities for improvement to the current setup, and be responsible for ensuring the data delivered on time by the team, and is of the utmost quality.
You will also be responsible for developing applications and solutions to support company wide initiatives across several different departments (marketing, product, finance, etc.). This can involve receiving all requirements from stakeholders, then investigating different implementation methods / tools to fit the given specs, and then putting this roadmap into action.
What Type of Workout You Can Expect:
- Support in the architecture, building and maintenance of the data pipelines for both internal and external stakeholders
- We tend to automate processes. You can improve or build automation processes / apps to support our marketing, product, and finance teams directly impacting their day-to-day work
- Support in the implementation of new data tools within the company (such as implementing a customer data platform, replicating databases to live stream into our CRM systems, etc.)
- Working collaboratively with other analysts / engineers within the BI team to support them in their day to day work
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Computer science or related engineering degree and 3+ years professional experience as a software or data engineer
- Very strong skills and industry experience in modern Python (data classes, generators, type annotations, etc.) and Python Data Stack
- Significant experience building and maintaining batch and real-time streaming data pipelines (Kafka, Spark, etc.), with SQL and NoSQL data sources and destinations
- Significant experience with AWS and/or GCP services (Lambda functions, S3, App Engine, BigQuery), operations and architecture, especially with respect to data heavy applications
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Airflow (experience with deploying containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes a big plus)
- Strong DevOps experience and commitment to engineering best practices, with an eye for pragmatism and the specific requirements of data and machine learning teams
- Any experience with Tableau, Apache Superset, or Looker is a big plus
The Gymondo Membership (AKA Interview Process):
Just like a fitness program, it takes time to see results. Be patient—it could take up to 4 weeks to receive an offer.
- Your first workout: A friendly call with the People’s team to get to know you.
- Let’s bump up the intensity: If you’ve got what it takes, we’ll send you a work-related task to dive deeper into a specific topic.
- Keep going strong: If you nail the task, we’ll schedule an interview with the team lead to discuss your assignment and dive deeper into the topic.
- Your last rep: Once you’ve wowed us with your strength and endurance, we’ll schedule a team interview so you can meet our amazing colleagues.
Benefit From the Gymondo Workout Package:
Set your own workout schedule: Make use of our flextime and home office options and take 30 days paid vaca on us.
Boost your endorphins: Enjoy in-house fitness classes, a free Gymondo membership and a sponsored gym membership.
Need some serotonin? Get involved in our regular team events, game nights and virtual Friday beers.
Train your brain: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our annual €1000 development programs.
Cholesterol-free zone: Dig into healthy snacks and wash them all down with the help of an office espresso machine.
Track your success. We value feedback. We give and receive feedback openly and honestly because we understand this is the only way we can truly grow, both individually and collectively.Apply for this position
Gymondo is a leading health and fitness app offering short and effective workouts and customized meal plans to users united by the desire to get fit and feel happy. We understand the obstacles people face on their fitness journey and empower them to create life-long healthy habits and routines. From our beautiful headquarters in Berlin, we seek to revolutionize the online fitness world.
- On LinkedIn, you can discover who you will work with and explore insightful articles on how we work #together.
- Follow us on Instagram to stay up-to-date. We challenge you to do a workout and tag us in your post!
- Do you want to be supported to reach your health and fitness goals by our Gymondo community? Join our Facebook group.
- Do you want to know what it's like working at Gymondo? Read our reviews on Glassdoor.
- Do you want to get to know our trainers? Go behind-the-scenes by visiting our Youtube channel.
- Do you want to see our Engineering Team work? Check our GitHub.