We're looking for a motivated and driven Full Stack Software Engineer (Python) (m/w/d) who will join us and be part of a cross-functioning Data Science team that uses Machine Learning to predict customer demand for our bus- and train network. This is a crucial part of Flixbus' future revenue management system.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- You work in a data science team that uses machine learning to predict customer demand for our bus- and train network. The main programming language is Python with the scientific software packages: scikit-learn, Pandas, etc.
- Our software stack includes; Python, Postgres, Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes for the backend, and for the Front-end we use Vue or React.
- As a full stack developer you will cover the whole range: Support our data scientists to make their prototypes production ready, maintain our production systems and occasionally improve our frontend.
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- 3+ years of experience in the field
- Professional experience with Python, the scientific Python stack is optional
- Solid experience with SQL (Postgres) and managing databases
- Comfortable with git
- You are passionate about testing, CI/CD and automated deployment
- Experienced with Linux and Docker
- Experienced with Amazon Web Services
- Basic understanding of machine learning
- Optional: Kubernetes
- Optional: Kafka, Spark, Presto
- Fluent in English
Our Perks – More than just a job
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride.
- Trust-based working. We don't punch the clock – organize your own schedule. We trust in what you do!
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
- Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events – there's always something to celebrate!
- Feel at home. We provide you with a laptop, comfortable working space, free drinks, a casual dress code, diverse employee discounts and more.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
FlixMobility – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at FlixMobility Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
FlixMobility is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit