Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day – in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
- be responsible for development of software applications as part of the global and multidisciplinary ZEISS team, consisting of exceptional engineers and researchers and including expertise in software, semiconductor manufacturing quality control, defect detection and metrology
- develop and test image processing and data classification algorithms. Analyze data and develop methods for data reconstruction, object detection, segmentation, contour extraction, feature detection, defect detection and metrology, etc.
- create visual interpretations of data and support the integration of algorithms with applications for customers.
- work with application engineers and solution engineers, understanding what happens with image acquisition and data processing and work towards solutions to customer problems
- a successful degree in software engineering, computer science or a comparable qualification paired with 2-3 years of equivalent work experience
- proven expertise in developing and supporting image analysis solutions for process control in semiconductor industry; experience with images of semiconductor devices obtained with electron-/ion-beam microscopes; experience in 3D reconstruction and image analysis in this context
- experience creating backend web-applications with Python using Flask and Django, working with microservices and event-driven approaches; experience in a commercial environment with Python, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Deep Convolutional Neural Networks
- experience with database architectures and large datasets, and experience working with Postgres, MongoDB, Redis; experience with HPC and systems for virtualization, scaling, and management of containerized applications such as K8 Kubernetes and Docker
- a passion for technology and computer science, with an awareness of current trends and innovations in artificial intelligence, machine learning, image segmentation and image processing
- the willingness to learn new things and the flexibility to work in a highly demanding market
- strong organization and communication skills
- willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.