This position is an integral part of the Supply Chain Operations organization and will be responsible for managing the development, selection, implementation & optimization of a growing team of Supplier Quality Engineers, Quality Technicians, Quality Supervisors, Leads, Inspectors & Associates. The successful candidate will ensure all products and processes meet customer and company requirements. He/she will be responsible for quality processes that ensure sort, rework, rejected material disposition and material returns are executed efficiently. The Manager will be responsible for reporting on open rework/sort activity and working closely with the Quality and Supplier Industrialization Engineers to bring timely closure to them.
- Work closely with Production, Quality, Supplier Industrialization, Design and Suppliers to assure confirming material is delivered to the line and non-conforming material is properly dispositioned.
- Monitor key performance metrics to drive reduction in open sorts/reworks as well as reduction in MRB inventory.
- Maintain an audit program to assure standardized work and processes are followed.
- Support the ongoing optimization of the processes with respect to both cost, efficiency and timeliness.
- Develop and lead training programs and hire plans for QC team members
- Drive timely analysis and disposition of components and products
- Lead issue resolution in conjunction with the Quality Engineering groups for all shops in the Tesla Factory incl. root cause investigation & corrective action tracking
- 5+ years’ experience in a technology manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Proficient knowledge in applying business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data.
- Ability to operate relevant personal computing hardware and standard software
- A deep knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices, 5S, TPS, etc desired