Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting and programming robot applications, conveyor systems, equipment, and process/equipment monitoring systems. In addition, will collaborate with the maintenance team to fix and improve equipment failures.
- Own and lead all controls-related activities in the shop.
- Support maintenance team to troubleshoot difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
- Implement and manage continuous process optimization. Leverage advanced and conventional technologies to improve quality, increase productivity, and reduce waste.
- Develop & maintain proper documentation of all electrical equipment and associated procedures, making updates as required by modifications.
- Design, select, manage, program, and commission automation equipment.
- Root cause weak areas of the production systems, and implement effective countermeasures using all available means.
- Implement and maintain quality control methods including poke yokes, data tracking systems, part recognition and problem reporting.
- Optimization and improvement of HMI, and SCADA systems.
- Create, improve, and implement both quality and safety standards into manufacturing equipment
- Program using several different styles, including ladder logic and structured text.
- Managing the network and hardware IT infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of professional controls engineering experience.
- 2+ years of advanced PLC programming knowledge on Rockwell, Siemens in a professional environment.
- Understanding of databases and various program languages (i.e. Java or Python).
- HMI programming experience – Ignition and Wonderware.
- Robotic programming skills desired – Kuka, Fanuc, etc.
- Proficient in computer-aided design specific to electrical diagrams and prints.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in the English language (German is a plus)
- Experience in automotive or high volume manufacturing is highly desired.
- Willing to work days, afternoons, nights and weekends as determined by project needs.
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.
Application for this role needs to be done in English