Abiomed, an innovative medical device company, is focused on recovering hearts and saving lives. We have a single guiding mission: “Patients First.” With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, offices in Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,500 employees form one of the fastest growing medical technology companies in the world. Abiomed attracts and retains exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
The Market Insights Analyst EMEA will join the Sales- and Marketing Operations EMEA team, which serves as the strategic and operational center of excellence of the growing EMEA & APAC Commercial Organization. You’ll help us create and deliver insights that advance our “patients first” culture and competitive position in the market and can shape and develop a team dedicated to examining market insights, competitive landscape, and clinical outcomes.
You’ll collaborate with a team of dedicated analysts and partner with business stakeholders to evaluate external market data and competitive aspects of the business to deliver actionable recommendations to decision makers. You’ll be working in a very fast-paced environment where critical thinking, quick learning, attention to detail, and managing competing priorities will be keys to your success.
Partner with business stakeholders on projects to develop methodologies, reports and dashboards that provide business insight into future areas for business expansion and growth potential
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Clinical, Product and Publication owners on upcoming publications, research projects, external data and industry analysis
- Establish and implement a proactive strategy for gathering/managing data requirements and updates
- Write project proposals, data requests, and translate decision makers’ requests into actionable products, including Ad-hoc analysis as required to aid management decision making and business planning
- Build partnerships, define accountability, and lead the activities which operationalize key findings
- Recommend, design, and operationalize predictive & prescriptive analytic solutions in conjunction with team members
- Effectively communicate key findings and actionable recommendations to mid-level and senior-level leadership audiences
- Create reports for clinicians, researchers, and administrators using a variety of database and analytic technologies
BS in an analytic discipline (intelligence, statistics, data analytics, data science, mathematics, bio statistics, medical research, etc.), MS in analytical or quantitative field preferred
- 5-7 years of work experience in competitive intelligence, market analysis, open-source research and analysis, data analytics or related field
- Hands-on experience as well as demonstrated examples of translating data analyses into insights that drive transformational business outcomes
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques and methodologies
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, Einstein Analytics, MSPower BI, ESRI ArcGIS, Palantir, i2 Analyst Notebook)
- Quick learner, critical thinking mindset, highly adaptable, able to manage competing priorities, excellent presentation skills, strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, experience with Salesforce, SQL, R, Python (or statistical modeling) and/or SAS/SPSS preferred
- Experience with and/or interest in the medical and biotech industry is a plus
ABIOMED is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or national origin.