Are you ready to take on the challenge to understand our customers with us. Like most media houses we need to better understand how we can get in touch with our subscribers. This includes how long they stay with us divided by the different channels which we used to get in touch with them or how much money can we spend for marketing, etc.
Nobody hits the ground running. You won’t be able to answer every question immediately or know how all the systems work on day one - and we don’t expect you to.
We are looking for passionate and creative people who want to take an active part in shaping the future of journalism within the context of digital media. Are you open to trying new things? Are you confident, driven and clever? Then apply for a role now with Axel Springer National Media & Tech.
data-loving scientist and shape with us the future of our subscription business
- you help us reach the next level of publishing - help us to evolve, innovate and accelerate
- you join our team to build the next generation of data driven tools for digital publishing
- you work with us to reach our goal of one million digital subscribers
- you answer all questions about our customers
- you help us to understand our users and find out who is willing to subscribe for how long and how can we win them back
- you develop customer retention algorithms that leverage statistics and machine learning and incorporate your insights
- you test your ideas on historical data and in A/B tests
- you work to continuously improve and optimize our algorithms
- you are a teacher and learner from everyone in the organization
- you are an advocate for data driven decisions – explain stakeholders what data we have and how to use it
You are a
solutions oriented team player with a passion for data
- you are an experienced data scientist with 3-5 years of experience who likes to make sense out of huge amounts of data and wants to see his algorithms work in production
- you have experience with projects relating to marketing and CRM, CLV modeling, churn prediction OR deep methodological understanding of survival analysis
- understanding of marketing + business, would be a plus
- you are a proactive and independent problem solver who has the ability to visualize and articulate complex issues and can communicate effectively with non-technical colleagues
- you have a solid understanding of machine learning and statistics and of best practices in feature extraction, dimensionality reduction and model validation
- you know and love your tools like Python or R including the relevant libraries for data mangling and machine learning
- it is natural for you to work in an agile environment
- ideally you have worked with AWS and Spark
- it would be great if you have worked on behavioral user data before and you have conducted A/B tests before
Benefit from a
chance of boosting your personal development with seminars, workshops, various conferences and talks
- regular exchange and networking with subsidiaries of the Axel Springer Group (eg. Awin, idealo, Bonial, Stepstone, Immowelt and many more)
- work environment with flexible working hours
- number of vacation days - above average
- free lunch in our on-site restaurant every day
- MacBook, which can also be used privately
- from now a permanent position in a modern office in the heart of Berlin: http://www.axelspringer-neubau.de/
Due to the current situation caused by the corona virus, we do job interviews via online video call (e.g. Skype)
Getting curious? Check out what we are doing on GitHub: http://github.axelspringer.com/ or check out our Techblog: https://medium.com/axel-springer-tech
Axel Springer National Media & Tech is the central pillar for Tech & Product and Central Functions of Axel Springer's German media offerings. We ensure that our strong national brands (including BILD, WELT) are optimally positioned to drive journalism forward. We are looking for new colleagues who are not dizzy at our pace of change and who want to actively shape the future of the media with their own ideas.
Questions and answers about the application process
The most frequently asked questions and their answers can be found on our FAQ page: career.axelspringer.com/de/faq
Your contact person for this position (reference number 044400616 ) is Marcel Burmester #LI-MB2
Diversity is an essential part of our corporate culture! We are looking forward to receiving all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
You can find information about the representation for the severely disabled at Axel Springer as well as the contact details here: career.axelspringer.com/en/rsde