Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
We seek a highly motivated hands-on engineer for a position in the Power Electronics Test Engineering group, a team focused on creating robust, beautiful, data-centric production testing equipment for Tesla’s power electronics components.
This team concentrates on mechanical, electrical, software, and controls of dense and reliable capital equipment for our production lines around the world. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the “machine that builds the machine”, right here in the GFBB.
- Create, document, and debug LabVIEW/Python and TestStand with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable
- Generate user interfaces (GUI’s) as well as troubleshooting tools
- Management of suppliers during specification, design, and build of manufacturing equipment
- Optimize automated processes to minimize cycle time and maximize uptime
- Validate equipment using data-driven statistical approaches (such as Gage R&R, and Cpk)
- Develop test plans according to test procedures and specifications
- Provide on-site support for test equipment deployment
- Create troubleshooting and maintenance documents for testers
- Host and participate in design reviews for manufacturing test equipment
- Proficiency in National Instruments TestStand/LabVIEW. CVI and Python are a plus
- For the 4 Driver Inverter position, CVI/C++ is a must have
- Experience automating and troubleshooting rack instruments (oscilloscopes, DMMs, power supplies, power analyzers, and electrical loads)
- Experience commissioning test equipment, and root causing tester vs product issues
- Experience working with and debugging common communication protocols (CAN, LIN, I2C, Ethernet, GPIB, etc.)
- Experience with software version-control using one of the following tools: SVN, Perforce, Git, or GitHub
- Exposure to data analytics and databases querying on the following: MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, or SQLite
- Experience with a variety of test types including End-Of-Line (EOL), firmware programming, and Functional/Burn-in is a plus
- Knowledge of standard production quality metrics is a plus
- BS/MS Engineering Degree
- 3+ years of experience as a hands-on manufacturing test software development engineer
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support