Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Mission and Activities
Development and in-service support of aircraft propulsion and/or supply systems (i.e. Propulsion Integration, Environmental Control System, Fuel System, Secondary Power System, Crew Systems, Environmental Qualification, System Health Management) for various military aircraft programmes with focus on combat aircraft.
- Integration of systems, sub-systems and equipment into aircraft, i.e. specification, qualification and certification of systems, sub-systems and equipment with respect to requirements, safety and reliability and according to the Airbus Defence and Space development process:
- Derivation of requirements, definition of concept and system architecture,
- Development of system and equipment specifications,
- Development of qualification programme, support to certification,
- Definition, monitoring and analysis of ground and flight tests,
- Preparation of certification and clearance documentation,
- Creation and validation of qualification programme plan, qualification test procedures, support to test execution and assessment of test results,
- Control of interfaces to other systems and functions,
- Build line support .with respect to system queries/issues/waivers,
- Support to system health management activities.
- In-service support for propulsion and/or supply systems
- Technical lead of defect or problem investigations (root cause analysis, development of problem solutions and modifications),
- Technical lead of modification processes,
- Preparation of certification and clearance documentation.
- Solving thermo- and fluid dynamical as well as mechanical engineering tasks and problems:
- Performing system analyses with respect to performance, dynamic behaviour, operation, control, etc., using numerical simulation tools, handbook methods, etc..
- Performing data analyses and system simulations for various purposes
- Technical management of system or component manufacturers and/or suppliers
- Cooperation and coordination with internal, external, national and international subcontractors, suppliers, customers and partner companies
- Managing Airbus internal interfaces to related technical departments and functions (e.g. programme management, procurement, final assembly, maintenance, technical publications, technology management, …).
- Aerospace engineer or equivalent.
- Profound knowledge in the area of supply systems (e.g. Environmental Control System, Secondary Power System, Fuel System)
- Detailed knowledge of system architectures, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, operational behaviour and control, thermodynamic cycles, good knowledge of air vehicle general systems.
- Good knowledge in the area of propulsion systems would be a plus
- Detailed knowledge of aviation engine technology, engine performance, thermodynamic cycles, thermodynamics, aerodynamics, as well as engine operational behaviour and control.
- Profound knowledge of and experience in equipment and system engineering
- Software skills and tools:
- Good knowledge of software coding (e.g. MATLAB/Simulink, C++) desirable,
- Experience with system modelling and simulation tools would be a plus (e.g. Star CCM+, Simcenter Amesim, Flowmaster, CATIA),
- Experience with requirement management tools (e.g. DOORS) would be a plus,
- Solid experience in the area of (military) aerospace specific development, qualification and certification processes.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good ability to interact and communicate with internal stakeholders, international subcontractors, suppliers, customers, partner companies, and test facilities.
- English language: negotiation level (incl. technical English), German language: advanced level.
- Ability to work in an international team, self-reliant and systematic, fast comprehension, stress resistance, being prepared for worldwide business travels.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.