Statistical modeling is your passion, and you want to bring the research of a leading company forward? Then start with us as Biostatistician/ Data Scientist (m/f/d) for quantitative genetic applications within the Biostatistics team of KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA at our site in Einbeck, in full-time and for an unlimited period.
- Develop and optimize data analysis solutions supporting marker-assisted breeding schemes for all crops
- Maintain and extend the existing tool landscape for analyzing phenotypic and molecular data
- Benchmark and validate new methods based on simulations and empirical data before productive implementation
- Initiate and manage projects to identify and utilize new methods supporting breeding and research decisions
- Performance optimization of models for analysis of ‘Big Data’
- Provide statistical support and conduct data science projects in all areas of KWS
- Monitor scientific literature and patent applications
- University degree in statistics, mathematics, quantitative/ population genetics with focus on data analysis and statistics or similar qualification (PhD)
- Several years of experience in statistical modeling (linear mixed models, multivariate parametric and non-parametric methods), Bayesian statistics is beneficial
- Passion for data analysis and the ability to handle large data sets
- Proven expertise in simulation of relevant data sets for plant breeding
- Familiar with working on a High-Performance Cluster
- Strong background in R programming; Python or C++ as well as Knowledge related to basic Linux system administration and BASH is beneficial
- Good knowledge of the GitLab CI/ CD framework as well as of linear algebra related to data analysis is a plus
- Interest in biological questions, exposure to plant breeding/ genetics is beneficial
- Excellent team player and good communication skills
- Professional written and verbal communication skills in English, additional German language skills are a plus
That is our offer to you:
- In this role you will work close together with the scientific and IT area of KWS, so you have the chance combine both world and advantages.
- As a family-run company we are guided by the values of team spirit, proximity and trust, independence, and vision; this culture is lived in practice creating thus an open and friendly working atmosphere.
- True to our motto Make yourself grow, we support employees’ professional and personal development.
- We offer excellent work equipment (e.g. ergonomic workstations, several monitors, air conditioning, high-end technical equipment), a fully-fledged, subsidized canteen and sufficient free parking spaces at the office.
- We offer capital formation benefits, Christmas and holiday bonuses, childcare allowance and a job bike.
- Health & Safety are very important for us: our company doctor, company fire brigade / paramedics (with time credit) and company sports create a solid base for this.
Drive your career forward and grow in your tasks with this KWS work opportunity! We look forward to receiving your digital application (cover letter, CV, relevant certificates) via our online application system SuccessFactors.
KWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies. With the tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for more than 160 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugar beet, cereals, potato, rapeseed, sunflowers and vegetables. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods. 5.700 employees represent KWS in more than 70 countries.
Job Segment: Database, Genetics, Scientific, Quantitative Analyst, Scientist, Technology, Science, Engineering, Data