The Embedded Artificial Intelligence Engineer – Automotive candidate will apply AI / Machine Learning / Deep Learning methods to assess the feasibility of and develop intellligent embedded systems for e-mobility and automated driving. The candidate further is responsible for stakeholder management,
coordination of R&D projects, and collaboration with internal and external partners. He will have strong analytical skills and enjoy solving difficult problems and create business value through creative thinking and practical approaches. The candidate further has comprehensive knowledge and practical experience in the design, implementation and application of control algorithms, statistical models, and machine learning/deep learning algorithms for automotive embedded systems.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work in innovative research projects with industry/academic partners on topics such as continuous improvement and validation of AI models for e-mobility and automated driving
- Generate ideas for AI-driven innovative products, digital services, and business models, and determine feasibility and value added in mixed teams with business & engineering experts
- Support (embedded) SW developers in designing, building, deploying, testing, validating, and maintaining AI algorithms & ML models in Schaeffler mechatronic systems & products
- Academic degree in Engineering (Electrical/Electronics/Mechatronics/Automotive/Robotics),
- Computer Science, Applied Physics, or comparable education
- Several years of experience in Python and C/C++; MATLAB/Simulink would be a plus
- Knowledge of HW/SW-Architectures, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Sensor Fusion algorithms related to Autonomous Driving and ADAS. Knowledge of MLOps is a plus
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR and Automotive Embedded Systems is a plus
- Having, or willingness to develop, expert knowledge in the field of AI-related functional safety standards (such as ISO 26262, ISO/AWI TS 5083, ISO 22737) and system architectures
- Strong analytical skills and ability to view the big picture and dig deep into specific areas
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English (mandatory) and German (as a plus)
Exciting assignments and outstanding development opportunities await you because we impact the future with innovation. We look forward to getting to know you.Please note that applications via some mobile devices may not be possible.