Do you want to know how to fit sports and technology perfectly together? Fitogram will show you! Our multinational, enthusiastic and lively team awaits you in the heart of Cologne.
We are looking for a Data Engineer (f/m/d) to join our BI team to transform the company's operations to become a data-powered organisation and drive efficiency. The BI team is focused on processing complex data, and building & maintaining the Data Warehouse for Fitogram. As an essential part of our international team, you will have the possibility to learn in a fast growing start-up environment; from building our data backbone to crafting scalable, production models and APIs and generating actionable insights which can change the competitive landscape.
We're an agile team of Analysts, Engineers, Developers and Product Managers comprising Platforms, Analytics, and Data Products. We drive value by helping Fitogram and its users to make better decisions faster. We want to attract and train our engineers, data scientists, and product managers and build a team that provides you with the most productive and challenging time of your career.
Our data stack: Apache Airflow, BigQuery, Looker, Python, GCP ecosystem
- Model and build data solutions.
- Design, implement and extend an enterprise data warehouse that will support our company's commitment to analytics and data-driven business philosophy.
- Develop and maintain ETL processing pipelines for the DWH to create the base for analytical and machine learning workflows.
- Work with business development and software engineers to gather, understand and fulfill the requirements
- Extract data from various databases, third-party tools, and APIs, e.g. Google Analytics, MUX, PostgreSQL, MySQL amongst others.
- Make suggestions on how the team can leverage new technologies and architectures to improve the performance of our data platform.
- Contribute to presentations, documentation, and other knowledge-sharing bases to promote best practices and tech. stack recommendations.
What you need to succeed
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative subject, e.g. computer science, physics, mathematics, economics, engineering or similar background with working experience
- Good knowledge of SQL and RDBMS
- Experience with column-oriented databases and optimization techniques thereof (BigQuery, Redshift).
- Experience with distributed job schedulers (preferably Airflow/ Jenkins).
- Experience with distributed event streaming platforms (preferably Kafka)
- Good knowledge of an object-oriented language (preferably Python or Java), as well as knowledge of Linux platforms and scripting capabilities (bash/zsh).
- You are a team player, pay attention to details, and love to think outside the box.
- Good communication skills in English
- Machine learning or Predictive Modeling experience is a plus
Our offer to you
- Until we have beat this pandemic, we're working in hybrid mode where we encourage you to work from home, while still giving you the possibility to meet colleagues to collaborate onsite
- An indefinite contract and full-time position at a mission-driven workplace where your daily tasks will help people lead a happy and healthy life
- A flat hierarchy that embraces ownership and promotes creative freedom. Your voice will be heard
- Knowledge sharing and learning opportunities in an open company culture, like foreign language classes, dog-friendly, fully equipped kitchens with healthy snacks & beverages, employee referral bonuses and more
- Flexible working hours and good remote working setup
- An Urban Sports Club L-Membership
Fitogram is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who applies for a position or already works with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations