At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
The Global Data Strategy & Analytics department is on a mission to turn DB Schenker into a data-driven company. Our Data Engineering team focuses on designing advanced analytics solutions to solve potential business use cases in logistics using Machine Learning, AI techniques, Data Visualization tools and Big Data technologies in cooperation with our Software Engineering team, internal business units and global IT. We are looking for a talented Data Engineer who can contribute to our projects with solid data intuition, hands-on problem-solving skills, engineering mindset and eagerness to learn how our logistics business works.
Analyze data sources and design, code, test, debug, automate, document, maintain data pipelines and support and interact with data scientists and business consultants in all their data-related activities
- Support in understanding customer needs and identify how data can be used to generate competitive advantage, define user requirements for development or improvement of data solutions
- Design technical solutions and perform feasibility studies, develop data solutions according to DB Schenker standards
- Understand operational constraints and requirements, and tailor solutions fully compliant with them
- Model, design and implement databases as necessary and participate in the validation/acceptance phase of the product cycle
- Conduct unit, package and performance tests of the software and ensure a level of quality in line with the DB Schenker guidelines
- Provide support to clients or another internal group if needed and support the end users in the production phase by debugging existing software solutions in response to incident and evolution tickets issued by users of the services
Eagerness to manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Experience in working with large data sets (several TB)and strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions using data
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Fluency in Python and POSIX systems (e.g., Linux, MacOS X) as well as in the command-line terminal
- Experience with distributed computing tools (e.g., Spark, Flink), relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and good knowledge of SQL
- Experience to deliver software and of the software development life cycle: source code repositories (Git) and versioning/branching/peer reviewing, continuous integration (e.g., GitLab CI, Jenkins, Travis), project management (e.g., Jira), documentation (e.g., Confluence), deployment/release (e.g., artifact building and repositories), maintenance
- Experience with PaaS (preferably Azure, alternatively AWS, GCP) and their associated models and tools as well as familiarity with Docker ecosystem and container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Mit Seminaren, Trainings und Qualifizierungen bieten wir unseren Mitarbeitern (m/w/d) individuelle und langfristige Entwicklungs- und Aufstiegschancen auf Fach-, Projekt- oder Führungsebene.
- Faszinierende nationale und internationale Projekte und Aufgaben – von großen Sportveranstaltungen über Kunstlogistik hin zu Spezialtransporten – bereichern das Arbeitsumfeld.
- Im Team erreichen wir das Beste für unsere Kunden, Mitarbeiter (m/w/d) sowie die Menschen weltweit – daher ist uns ein angenehmes Arbeitsklima wichtig.
Chancengleichheit und selbstbestimmte Teilhabe Schwerbehinderter und Gleichgestellter sowie eine respektvolle Zusammenarbeit sind innerhalb des DB Konzerns fest verankerte Grundsätze. Deshalb werden schwerbehinderte Bewerber bei gleicher Eignung bei bevorzugt berücksichtigt.