Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
A vacancy for a Junior Development Engineer (d/m/w) On-Board Data Handling has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Friedrichshafen. The successful applicant will join “Electrical Systems Friedrichshafen”.
- Support for the work package “On-Board Data Handling” (OBDH) and deliveries of the related items (hardware, models, documentation) in space programs Phases BCD within the projects teams and vis-à-vis customers and partners
- Support the analysis of the customers/ mission requirements and breakdown to the functional chains requirements
- Support definition of functional and electrical OBDH architectures in close cooperation with Functional Avionics (FA)
- Analysis of system performance and coordination of supporting work packages
- Performance of the related analyses
- Support definition of system components such as:
- Onboard Computer (OBC)
- Remote Interface Unit (RIU)
- Mass Memory and Formatting Unit (MMFU)
- Instrument Control Unit (ICU)
- other digital equipment as required case by case e.g. Crypto Units
- Co-engineering with suppliers
- Coordination of relevant design and MAIT activities at supplier level
- Support of project team members and other disciplines for Data Handling resp. Digital Engineering matters
- Support of relevant operations and AIT activities at system level
- Contribution to related internal/external R&D and improvements/standardisation initiatives
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable such as Physics or Space Engineering with the focus on electrical
- Extensive flight hardware/software design background
- Ability to work autonomously
- First experience in the field of Airworthiness, Certification and Qualification
- First experience on systems engineering level is an asset
- English and German language skills on negotiation level
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.airbus.com) with your CV attached.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.