Software Development Engineer
As a member of the Shared Services team, the focus of this opportunity is to improve and build out our set of cloud backend services. You will directly improve McAfee Enterprise's cloud posture and the experience of customers worldwide. You will report to an Engineering Manager within the Products Team.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the Role
- You will take end-to-end ownership of development tasks, ranging from features, modules up to creation of entire services
- You will manage the design, documentation and testing of cloud services and the underlying frameworks
- You will work in a team of 10 made up of engineers, testers, and architects
- You will estimate efforts for future development tasks and provide weekly status updates
- You will analyse problems reported from the field, potentially involving complex networks of services
- You will interpret service metrics and assess the scalability of our cloud services
- You will work with service consumers world wide, tasks ranging from requirements analysis to API usage guidance
- You will work with our operations group providing domain insights
- You have experience in professional software development in C++ (or another object oriented language)
- You have a passion for creating efficient and highly scalable applications in a multi-threaded environment
- You understand common internet protocols like e.g. HTTP, TLS, TCP/IP
- It would be good if you are also experienced in the design and implementation of REST APIs
- You are experienced in analysis of layered problems and the correlation of data from multiple systems
- You have first hand experience developing software on LINUX systems.
- You will also have experience automating workflows with bash, python or another scripting language
- You having Docker and Docker-Compose experience
- You have experience working with build tools like Jenkins, CMake, etc, and with Git as your version control system
- You knowing how to organize your work in JIRA would be beneficial
- You are a self reliant fashion, yet know when to ask your team for support
- You are comfortable working in an agile fashion and shifting gears
- You are business fluent in English, German language skills would be beneficial
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.