At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
At DB Schenker you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world by air, ocean, land and contract logistics services. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team we are here to move.
Our Information Management (IM) team within the Global Cross Functional & Business Intelligence (GFBI) department is responsible for providing globally standardized, reliable and scalable IT services for Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Big Data and Customer Tracking & Tracing solutions, which are based on global operational systems, Finance SAP systems and many other data sources. In close collaboration with other teams in the worldwide Schenker organization these IT services are designed and implemented.
If you have multi-year experience in BI project management and solution architectures, a broad and deep understanding of BI technologies, a business acumen behaviour and you like to drive with us projects and innovations to turn DB Schenker into a data-driven company, we are happy to receive your application.
Take full responsibility for the planning, documentation and successful completion of complex BI and Big Data projects (typically with significant business and high-profile impact)
- Ensure that project deliverables are completed within agreed quality, time and cost, including project controlling, risk management and status reporting
- Manage complex stakeholder structures and ensure a good relationship between teams
- Gather requirements for demands and define suitable BI solution strategies and architectures, which are long-term proven and at the same time pragmatic while considering innovative technologies
- Prepare project and investment requests, contribute to supplier call for proposals
- Manage, lead and coach the project team (internal and external), contribute to the implementation where necessary
- Define and evolve guidelines, frameworks and processes, ensure complete documentation
- Consider IT Security and Data Protection requirements by design, collaborating with these teams
- Prepare an efficient service setup and ensure a smooth handover to operation and support
- Contribute to reviewing new technologies and driving architecture innovations
Graduate qualification in computer science, information systems or proven experiences
- Multi-year practical experience with architecting and building BI and Big Data solutions, including requirements gathering, architecture definition and hands-on implementation
- Advanced BI and Big Data architecture, frameworks and governance experience
- Cloud architecture experience, in particular with AWS and/or Azure is advantageous
- Know-how and experience with Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle DB, SAP BusinessObjects, Power BI, Azure services (e.g. Data Factory), SAP BW/4HANA or SAP Analytics Cloud is advantageous
- Significant project management knowledge and experience including complex projects, international teams and Board level stakeholder presentations and status reporting
- Practitioner of both, agile and waterfall, project management methods and tools
- Analytical thinking, result-oriented and innovative attitude
- Strong presentation, moderation, communication and coaching skills with intercultural competence
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Logistics know-how would be good
Chancengleichheit und selbstbestimmte Teilhabe Schwerbehinderter und Gleichgestellter sowie eine respektvolle Zusammenarbeit sind innerhalb des DB Konzerns fest verankerte Grundsätze. Deshalb werden schwerbehinderte Bewerber bei gleicher Eignung bei bevorzugt berücksichtigt.