Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this is our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The roleThe battery cell is a critical component in Tesla vehicles and storage systems. Tesla’s Production Engineering team is at the forefront of designing cutting edge electrode production process and transferring these into mass production. This team is operating and developing highly elaborate production processes for high volume and high-quality requirements. As a Process Engineer you are pushing these outstanding technologies always to its limits and strictly taken care of reliable and outperforming processes. Coping deeply with all related issues you are driven to work as an expert in detail and take also care for all influences on the process. Continuously improving and optimizing is your core motivation on technical issues.The ideal candidate takes pride in her/his hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. She/He appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. If you are highly motivated to bring in your skills into the future of mobility than just apply, even if you never built batteries.
- Analyze and optimize production processes to ensure safety while maximizing Overall Equipment Effectiveness in cost effective means while driving to achieve world-class quality levels
- Lead continuous improvement projects to maximize yield, capacity and capability
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop processes, procedures, tooling and fixtures
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop, validate and improve processes used in manufacturing and manufacturability of designs
- Support new model/product introductions in coordination with Design Engineering, New Product Introduction team, Quality and other parties as needed
- Enable data driven operational and financial decisions through predictive insights into tool and process performance, including integration of factory data systems and use of software such as MySQL, Python, JMP, Tableau and Ignition
- Utilize structured problem-solving techniques such as Design of Experiments (DoE), Five Why (5W) and Eight Disciplines (8D)
- Monitor and reduce process variation using techniques such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Create and maintain Standard Work Instructions for assigned processes.
- Monitor and audit manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved
- Participate in the development and maintenance of FMEAs and Control Plans
- Develop and modify line layouts, including material flow, waste reduction, and ergonomics, utilizing Lean Manufacturing best practices
- Develop and train Process technicians
- Assist in the training of associates as needed
- Bachelor or Master in any Engineering or Chemical discipline. Alternatively, the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Experience in a technology-based industry, e.g. food, cosmetics, pharmaceutic, cells, battery, semiconductor, clean & dry room, powder mixing, mixing, chemicals, concrete, building/construction materials, plastics, plastic polymers would be an advantage
- Must possess process engineering skills (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, constraint analysis, flow optimization, root cause analysis, etc.).
- Strong team working skills at all levels of an organization, especially skilled at working with direct labor to understand challenges and work on developing optimal solutions using structured methods
- Capable of identifying critical process parameters and applying statistics to process measurement and control
- Comfortable providing clear and focused technical guidance to outside engineering resources
- Hands-on mentality
- German or English language skills required
What we offerYou will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support