Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Perform Firmware sustaining for the manufacturing line on variety of mechanical and Firmware processes, tasks including disposition of non-conformance materials that come from the manufacturing line, response to out-of-control process, work on yield improvement projects, and qualify new equipment and process that being introduced into the manufacturing line. Perform supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing including but not limited to self-test trialing and implementation, trialing Firmware while validating changes or improvements associated with new releases. Manage workload with a positive attitude as a team player in a collaborative work environment.
- Investigate and implement countermeasures to improve line processes and first pass yield of testing.
- Support escalations, diagnose and resolve Firmware & testing issues (throughout the value stream including End of Line service repair).
- Documenting basic troubleshooting steps & training how to fix first level issues at pre-flash stations; this may include updating the stations with the latest firmware releases.
- Work with Firmware Engineers to initiate trials & document any Firmware release and self-test configurations.
- Must be flexible to support both day, swing and alternative work schedules (weekends and holiday may be required).
- Manage troubleshooting and repairs exactly to instructed processes.
- Manage small projects involving multiple departments and/or outside contractors.
- Manage workload with positive attitude and proactively help co-workers.
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team oriented work environment
- Ability to communicate clear information and pass downs or directions to the team, internal or external.
- 3-5 yrs. experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand, electrical, and portable tools.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while multitasking.
- Skilled with Microsoft Suite tools (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc).
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Ability to carry a positive attitude while providing unlimited support to the team.
- Availability for occasional off-hour calls.
- Associate’s Degree on Electronics or some technical certificate from a trade school or equivalent.
- Skilled at troubleshooting low voltage and high voltage automotive electrical systems.
- Experienced with diagnosing, repairing and root causing automotive Firmware, Thermal and mechanical systems.
- Ability to capture vehicle’s Controller Area Network traces and pull logs to diagnose issues from data.
- Experienced with CAN diagnostic tools such as PCAN Explorer and Vector CANape.
- Experienced with Secure Shell (SSH) using Cygwin and command prompt.
- Experienced with coding and developmental tools such as Python, Sourcetree, SQL and other virtual tools.
- Experienced with self-test platform tools (preferred).
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.