Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Global Statistics team based in Germany, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Principal Biostatistician.
Supervises as a principal biostatistician the statistical input in one or more individual clinical studies within a clinical development program or across several clinical programs.
- Provides expert guidance on Safety Statistics within project development teams, driving innovation and efficiency
- Gives technical and strategic oversight of deliverables outsourced to external CRO's or vendors. Plans, produces and / or reviews statistical deliverables for a submission or other regulatory interactions.
- Develops and implement statistical safety approaches to improve data-driven decision making
- Leads the development of processes and methods relating to safety data and safety reporting, including safety signal detection
- Performs or oversees exploratory statistical analysis to gain novel insight that can be used to help inform the development of existing or new compounds.
- The role will require the Senior / Principal Biostatistician to work effectively in cross-functional teams within and outside the department of SSI.
- The Senior / Principal Biostatistician ensures the implementation of global, program and SSI standards by all biostatisticians contributing to the project.
Education and Qualification
- PhD or Masters' degree
- Proven track record of biostatistics experience within the Biotechnology and / or Pharmaceutical Industry (including clinical research organizations) or relevant academic role with proven successful track record in pharmaceutical development.
- Able to serve as a principal statistical expert in cross disciplinary teams.
- Excellence in a variety of relevant statistical methodologies, for example Bayesian approaches.
- Late phase development and submission experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of SAS and / or R programming
- Good knowledge of data visualization tools and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Able to work under pressure and without supervision.
- Able to drive and influence teams to ensure evidence-based and unbiased decisions
UCB- Inspired by Patients. Driven by Science. Everything we do starts with a simple question: "How will this create value for people living with severe diseases?" By putting patients at the heart of what we do, our approach - from discovery to development to delivery - is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees and operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.