The University Medicine Greifswald has its origins in the founding of the university on October 17, 1456, which also brought the medical faculty into being. Today, the University Medicine Greifswald includes a wide range of services in which 21 clinics/polyclinics, 19 institutes and other central facilities work together.
The facilities are grouped together on Campus Beitz Platz. This enables an efficient infrastructure. Innovative, interdisciplinary work is lived practice here.